Yes, it is possible. Today, I did Nordic Walking (walking with sticks, quite sporty) with both Ghandi and Wesha. We went to the river Thur near Altikon, where there is a great, flat, long path, where the dogs can run free. Ghandi had never even seen my Nordic Walking sticks, so he had to sniff at them first. It was funny, because he first thought it was a target stick and he touched and touched it with his nose. When I didn't say "touch" or reward him, he gave up on it.
As soon as I started walking, Ghandi walked right next to me and sometimes right behind me. The sticks got in his way a few times, but then he soon increased his distance a bit and from then on it went fine. In the meantime, Wesha was busy sniffing everywhere. She would fall behind and then catch up again. She repeated this about a million times. But when I called her, she would immediately come. I had to call the dogs to me various times, because we encountered joggers, horses, hikers and bikers. But I would call them, let them "sit" until the others had passed and then we could go on again. Both Wesha and Ghandi did very well, they listened perfectly. I am very proud of them.
Saturday, 19 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hoi Mar. Wat fijn dat je nu weer nordic walken kan, want het is toch wel een fijne manier van lopen.En dat de honden zich zo netjes gedragen is mooi meegenomen.(komt door de opvoeding)
Post a Comment