I know that some people think that dogs that are being BARFED (fed raw meat, vegetables, fruit, meaty bones, etc), will hunt more or will eat whatever dead animal they find on their paths during walks. I can only speak for my own dogs of course. But I am happy to say that for them, this is not true.
Yes, Ghandi loves hunting and he is always looking for "food". This can be anything from a twig, a piece of bread or even other dogs, cat or even human sh*t (I always have yoghurt at home to neutralize his bad breath afterwards). But luckily, when it comes to dead animals they leave them alone. In the last few days we have encountered a dead bird, a mouse and a hedgehog. They both sniff at them and in one instance, Wesha marked it with a little pee. But they don't show any interest in eating the dead animals. Luckily!
Friday, 24 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Got to say both of mibne are the same and especially Jessie who will otherwise eat anything and is always hungry will leave the dead animals now, she once ate a dead bird when she was 6 month or but now she ignores them :-)
Post a Comment