Thursday, 2 February 2012

Two three-legged dogs...

This afternoon, I suddenly had two three-legged dogs! We were out for a walk, it was snowing (and bitterly cold, with a mean wind blowing) and the roads had been salted. When I crossed a little bridge in the village, Ghandi suddenly refused to put down his left hind leg. And the funny thing was, as soon as I saw it and said something about it (I really talk too much to my dogs!), Wesha did exactly the same. So I am guessing that they both had problems with the salt on their paws. It only lasted a few paces, though. Wesha walked on four legs again after only 3 steps and when I told Ghandi that it was fine and "walk".. he walked normally again.

Wesha is enjoying the snow as usual and she doesn't mind the cold and the strong wind. Ghandi, however, didn't seem to like the cold wind at all. During our walk this afternoon he looked miserable a few times. As soon as we were out of the wind, he was looking better.

No comments: