Wesha and I went to the young dog course for the first time yesterday. We knew most of the dogs because they also went to the puppy play group with us. In the young dog course, the dogs can play in the fenced off area first. Then we walk across the street. There is a field there and the woods start there too. We did some exercises on the field and let the dogs play there again.
Yesterday afternoon, Wesha was in the garden and barked. When I went to get her, I saw that there were 2 women with a Toller on the other side of the fence! So my first remark was "Oh, another Toller!" But the women didn't really react to that. So we chatted a bit and then one of the women told me that the dog was a "Canadian Retriever". So I told them that I knew, because Wesha is of the same breed. The reply was: "but that is a shorthaired one!". This made me grin. While we chatted, they told me that the dog was staying with them while the owners are on holiday. That explained a lot. It was a 5 or 6 year old bitch called Shima. She comes from a nearby city. It was the first time that we met another Toller (apart from Weta of course!) and it was really cool to see her.
And at least now we know that we have a shorthaired Canadian Retriever! ;-)
Monday, 6 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment