Tuesday, 5 August 2008

A dog or a wolf?

I am not sure what Wesha is... she howls like a wolf! Especially when it is time to sleep and she is in her bench. Up goes her nose and she howls with a very deep voice. It is kinda funny, unless you are sleep deprived and want to go to sleep...

Last night, I gave Wesha a filled kong in the bench. It kept her busy for a couple of minutes, but then she left the kong for what it was and started barking, howling and whimpering. It didn't take her as long as the first night, but still... I think it took her about an hour to fall asleep. She woke me up with her whimpering at 03.30 and I thought she might need to pee, so I took her out to the garden. But she only wanted to lay down on the garden tiles and sleep. So I put her back into the bench. That of course caused more noise. But she fell asleep again fairly quickly. And then she slept until 05.45. Then it was time to get up.

Tonight we are going to try something new again. I had this piece of wood in the bench, to divide it into two smaller parts, and giving Wesha a smaller part to sleep in. This was mainly done with the idea that she then wouldn't pee on one end of the bench and sleep on the other end. But since she doesn't seem to pee at night at all, I took the piece of wood out. Now she has one part of the bench with a vet bed and the other part is just the metal floor of the bench. So she can move around a bit more and maybe find a spot that she likes to sleep better. I will also give her the filled kong again when we go to bed. And during the day I hide some treats in the bench every now and then. She goes in to look if there is something by herself a couple of times a day too.

This morning, she had a difficult start. She was very restless and vocal. But after her first nap, she was very perky, playful and curious. And no longer "commenting" on every thing.

She is having her second nap right now.

Here are some pics from yesterday afternoon:



2 comments:

sandi said...

LOL--in the last photo she's looking at Tina like, "you have to be kidding!" :D

Main said...

She does, LOL! But she usually likes playing with that chicken. :-)